September 30, 2010

Vintage Finds

I LOVE vintage furniture. LOVE. I see almost no reason to buy new, there are so many more beautiful options in vintage.

I spent an hour yesterday visiting two consignment shops in my town. Consignment stores can be overwhelming, because they're usually big warehouse-type spaces bursting at the seams with stuff. But in just an hour, I found several things I would have taken home with me for use in future projects, if I had a place to store them!

Forgive the iPhone photos...


This highboy was in perfect condition.



I haven't had the guts to paint any of my own vintage furniture yet-- I like the traditional look of wood, and I feel like I'd be ruining some piece of history if I cover up the original finish. But something about this sideboard just screams "paint me!"


  

 The lines on this desk/vanity are so beautiful and unique.



I especially like the legs on this coffee table, and the little gold feet.



I also found some smaller accessories to love. I have a thing for empty gilt frames.


The picture does not do this teacup and saucer justice. I'm trying to convince myself it would make good jewelry storage.


P.S. Don't forget-- today is the last day to enter the Blomma giveaway!

5 comments:

ravennagirls said...

Nothing is better then a day searching for vintage treasures...

steve7876 said...

Thanks for sharing Blue host coupon useable article - I really increase your acquisition.it is really very informatics post for young people, and hope they will enjoy well after reading this post.Apple passbook

steve7876 said...

I am reading about this Bustin’ out for the first time. But I have read about the problems facedBuy Paintings online

shahbaz said...

Brand new vehicles with unique set of features are now surfacing in the market. However, now the competition among vehicle dealers has reached a new height.Tree Care

muhammad sajjad said...

Excellent explanations shown here, would make me more notifiable in future need of this occurrence a noteworthy experience seen before.
Limousine services in Chicago