January 19, 2011

Feature: Drop Cloth Curtains from In the Tweeds


This beautiful, classic living room belongs to the talented Leila from In the Tweeds. Would you believe she made her curtains out of $20 Home Depot drop cloths? She says the process was so simple, there's no need for special DIY instructions--just wash, cut, iron, hem, and hang!


The panels are subtle and perfect for framing the beautiful bay window. And I love her choice of custom, wrap-around hardware. I think it makes all the difference.

6 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

what a great idea! her drapes look amazing.

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum!} said...

Those look amazing! I used drop clothes as drapes in my son's room too. I added brown grograin ribbon as a little accent...they came fully hemmed too!

In the Tweeds said...

Thanks for featuring my project, Marissa!!

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

So cute. I am toying with doing that as well and painting on some stripes! Love

Karena said...

My mind is now reeling with using the fabric and painting a design on or a stencil! Beautiful room!

Come and join in my Gorgeous Giveaway from Blydesign!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Simply Brookes said...

Hey there. Just stumbled upon your blog. LOVE!
Thank you so much for your inspiration, your posts and your style.

Love this post on drop cloth curtains. I actually slip covered a sectional with a Home Depot drop cloth (inexpensive, durable fabric...can't beat the price).

I am a follower now and will so be back.
Thanks again.
Love it.
Wendy
at
www.simplybrookes.blogspot.com