August 15, 2011

bedroom updates

I made some fun updates to my bedroom this weekend.
First, I sliced a painting in half.

I love French Impressionist art, and one of my favorite paintings is this one, "Souvenir de Mortefontaine" by Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot. The Louvre has the original, but I sliced and diced a copy of it for my bedroom. I wanted two smaller, vertical prints rather than a large horizontal one. So I cut the picture in half and put it in two antique-store frames, one for either side of the bed. The artist probably rolled over in his grave, but I really like it this way.

The second update is the addition of these amazing pillows (two of them are from my birthday wish list). I like to sit in my room and stare at them because they are so gorgeous and perfect. All three are by my wonderful sponsor, WoodyLiana.

It is so fun to see a room start coming together!

2 comments:

Trissta said...

Oooh! I like those pillows, very cute choices! And with art, do what you want! Art is yours to interpret and to create new ways to look at it! I'd so go for it, as long as it's not the original, lol.

Much Love,
Trissta
Living on the Chic

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

So beautiful. What a brilliant idea with the painting. I just love those fabrics.