August 2, 2011

vintage scarf art

I love this simple art piece (found on Pinterest, of course!). It looks like a painting, but it's actually a vintage scarf. Genius!

The frame would be easy enough to find at a vintage shop. Another option would be to gold leaf the edges of my favorite IKEA Ribba Frame, then maybe distress the gold a little.

If you don't have a nice heirloom scarf, eBay has quite a few options for scarves--and of course they change all the time, so you never know what you'll find. Here are some of the pretty scarves on auction now:





7 comments:

VictoriaArt said...

So so pretty! Love your blog every time I come over!
Thank you!
Summer greetings!
V.

Lucky Girl said...

Great idea!

Laura Trevey said...

Wow! It does look like a painting ~ very cool!!

xoxo

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

What a lovely idea! Must dig up some of my grandma's old scarves now!

emily said...

This is a fabulous idea! Now I know something else I need to keep my eyes peeled for!

Melissa @ Rooms said...

That is a great idea! I have a few scarves I bought while traveling that I don't really wear....hmmm, the wheels are turning!

Kristina Gulino said...

Such an awesome way to display an accessory! I'm linking this in tomorrow's post. I know my readers will get a kick out of it. Thanks!

Kristina
Nook & Sea