August 3, 2011

white walls- not boring!

 There are a million shades of white (literally), but let's keep it simple: white is awesome.  I've had white walls nearly all of my life, except in high school when my mom let me paint my walls blue.  
(Trust me, plain white would have been infinitely better than the blue I chose.)


I like white walls because they are serene, which is a quality of chief importance in my book.



I also like white walls because they help colors pop-- I don't think you could say these rooms are boring!


 
White walls are also an excellent background for textures--they're simple and let the textures do the talking. I love this quality especially.
 



White? Me gusta.

5 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

That kitchen is amazing. Great images! I, myself prefer neutral walls most of the time.

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

lovelovelovelovelove all these rooms!! Definitely not boring or plain, but so chic and lovely!

Heather J said...

I think there is a time and place for colored walls but I agree, white walls are great, especially with a pop of color. We just moved to a new apartment where the walls are a horrible "neutral" weird pinky cream color and all I want to do is paint them white.

Jenny said...

Beautiful images! Not boring at all!!

culturafemenina said...

Ahhhh, white rooms. Love them.
These are all such beautiful rooms but I think my favorites are the kitchens. I love white kitchens they always look clean and bright!
I just found your blog and I love it! Since now you have a new follower and I invited you to visit mine.
Cheer
iela