September 26, 2011

20 ideas for above-the-bed art:

 One of my biggest decorating challenges is coming up with something to fill big wall spaces. It's especially tough if the furniture isn't very tall, like many beds. Here are 20 unique ideas and new takes on old favorites you could use to fill the wall space above the bed--or anywhere else!

1. Old Doors

 
2. Empty Windows

 3. Garland

 3. Sheet Music

 4. Trophies or Plaques

5. Split Photo
6. Framed Wallpaper

 7. Hats

 8. BIG Artwork

9. Extra-small Artwork

 10. A Seat Cushion

11. Multiple Mirrors

 
12. Chalkboard
 13. Antlers

14. Your Name

15. Wreaths

16. Plates

 17. Maps

18. Reclaimed Wood

19. Layered Empty Frames

20. Nothing--which is perfect sometimes!

I hope some of these ideas sparked your imagination--
What's above your bed?
interior design blog, interior decorating blog, interior designer, interior design, interior decorator, interior decorating, decorating inspiration, interior designer, decorating ideas, decorating blog, romantic decorating, traditional decorating, vintage decorating, decorating help, decorating inspiration

10 comments:

Leslie said...

What fun ideas! I love your last pick; it actually really works with the headboard.

Heather Peterson said...

great round up!
I have sunburst mirrors over two beds--master and guest--because the round shape is just so great with a more square headboard. But I need to move away from that, so thanks for the great ideas.

Heather
heatherpetersondesign.com

Cove and Grey said...

What a great post! I love all of the options you posted. We have a carved wood framed mirror over our bed.

laura said...

Right now there is nothing. I have been picturing the Devon mirror from Z Gallerie above the bed but it is a little out of my budget... So for now I think nothing is working for us!

Amy said...

Wow! What good options! We have a few small pictures above our bed right now, but I love the idea of a big map.

Heather Hays said...

Is it possible to love all of them??? Great post!

Shelly said...

Great post. I'm a "nothing" kind of gal. I've let my headboard stand alone and added mirrors over the nightstands to enhance the entire headboard wall.

Sara C. Walk said...

love this!! I haven been trying to figure out what to hang over our bed for so long...this gives me some great ideas :)

Munir said...

Great post. I'm a "nothing" kind of gal. I've let my headboard stand alone and added mirrors over the nightstands to enhance the entire headboard wall. zlittle article

Kandas - Custom Furniture Consultant said...

What fun to see our Shaka Studios Cannonball Bed on your blog. :)