If you're on Anthropologie's email list, you got this little gem in your inbox last week. Anthro's styling is lauded here, there, and everywhere, so who wouldn't want a little decorating advice from them? Here are their "Five Decorating Tips to Live By:"
1. Big pieces are a big investment: choose solid upholstery to keep your furniture flexible within an ever-changing decor scheme.
2. Color-- whether in paint, pillow, or print form-- is the most impactful element in any room.
3. Curtains can loom large (in the best way) when they're boldy hued or patterned.
4. Distinctive, seen-nowhere-else pieces are what make your home truly yours.
5. Stay focused (and sane) by honing in on a single room.
I think that's pretty solid advice!