September 27, 2011

mis-matchy

My nightstands now match, but they didn't use to. We had a small espresso-brown wicker dresser on one side and a taller blonde wood dresser on the other. I didn't mind the mis-match--even though I've switched back to matching dressers, I think mismatching is really bold!

For just a little interest, you can use the same shape of nighstand but try a different finish on each.

Or use different pieces with the same finish.

You can also go totally wild and use completely mismatched nightstands. It can look great!

Do you like the mis-matched look, or does it throw you off?
interior design blog, interior decorating blog, interior designer, interior design, interior decorator, interior decorating, decorating inspiration, interior designer, decorating ideas, decorating blog, romantic decorating, traditional decorating, vintage decorating, decorating help, decorating inspiration

6 comments:

Jeannine @ Small and Chic said...

Ours don't match. I've gotten into modes where I search Craigslist for the match to chest that's on my side of the bed, but the mis-match doesn't really bother me. I just feel guilty that Marc doesn't have as much storage! His side has three shelves, but no drawers. :)

Leslie said...

Ours are nesting tables that have been separated. The same finish but slightly different scale provides just enough symmetry. I really only mis-match out of necessity!

Meg said...

I gotta admit, I'm all about symmetry so I love the look of matching nightstands. All those spaces are gorgeously designed, so the mis-matched ones work well in them. I do also like the look of mis-matched ones painted the same colour.

Andrea @ Decorating Cents said...

I like the mis-matched look. All the model homes we looked at had this. We are currently looking for a nightstand for my husband's side of the bed.

Emily said...

I like the matchy-matchy thing myself :)

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

I love both. In a simple clean room, I love the mis matched as it causes your eye to move around more. Love that bench at the foot of the bed.