September 15, 2011

this year on roost

It has been a whole year since I started ROOST! It has been a great year. Thank you to each and every one of you for reading and making this so much fun!

Here are some of my favorite posts from the last 12 months:

My favorite project this year was definitely my DIY Draper Chests. They took a lot of work, but I am still totally obsessed with them.



I found an easy and accurate way to hang a gallery wall using strips of wax paper.


I took some personal style advice from J. Crew creative director Jenna Lyons and translated it into interior decorating advice.

I posted quite a few design boards. This bright and colorful dining room design was one of my favorites!

I organized and decorated our study, all for about $100. I made the no-sew curtains and hung them using 3M Command Hooks!

And of course, the most exciting part of the entire year was officially opening my business last week!

Don't forget to enter the eDesign giveaway, it ends at midnight!
 interior design blog, interior decorating blog, interior designer, interior design, interior decorator, interior decorating, interior decor, decorating, decorating inspiration, interior designer virginia. interior designer charlottesville, interior design ideas, decorating ideas, decorating blog, romantic decorating, traditional decorating, vintage decorating

6 comments:

Jeannine @ Small and Chic said...

Hooray! I'm so glad I found you fairly early on. It's great to have another design blogger in Cville. :)

Leslie said...

I think your post about the home office is my favorite! Those curtains are amazing, and I love all the books!

Kirsten Krason said...

Congrats on a year!!! I am so proud of you for the hard work you've put into your blog. It really is a huge accomplishment. Love you friend!

Kae said...

happy birthday (or is it anniversary?). Either way, I'm so happy for you. I love this blog and I'm so excited for year two (and three, and four ... )

simply brookes: said...

i love your site. i think i've probably been following you since the beginning. still one of my faves. congrats on your success. well done, lady.

emily said...

Happy blogiversary (or whatever it is!). Your blog is always full of great inspiration!