October 6, 2011

zebra headboard project

This week, I finally got around to making a headboard for my bedroom! I am loving the result-- it's zebra, my favorite! I already had two beautiful prints on my bed that I wanted to be the focus, so the headboard needed to be subtle. Zebra is usually anything but subtle, but the sandy colorway kept it in check.

  My friend Mallory and I worked together, following this tutorial and pictures from Casa Sugar. The only differences between mine and the tutorial are the fabric and the number of rows of nail-head trim. I also measured and drew little lines on the fabric to make sure the trim was (mostly) straight.

I still have to move the headboard to the bedroom and install it... stay tuned next week!

5 comments:

Erica M. said...

This looks great! The zebra print is perfect.

Janna McCalley said...

excited to see it in place! Nice work!

Melissa @ Rooms said...

wow, very impressive!

Kat said...

Wow. Looks very impressive. Can't wait to see the whole thing!

pam {simple details} said...

Just found your fun blog! :)

Your headboard turned out amazing, I've seen that fabric it's nice and cozy, great choice!