November 8, 2011

living room design: seaside cottage meets world traveler


Remember Laura, my client with the amoebas on her ceilings? This is her living room design!

Laura made a tough, but good, choice. We decided we could work the amoebas into certain styles, but not her style, "seaside cottage meets world traveler." So we decided to do her style 100% and draw as much attention as possible away from the amoebas. Smart decision, I think, considering she'll leave the rental one day but take her decor!

The "seaside cottage" element is in the wall color, breezy curtains, and white sideboard. The "world traveler" element comes in with the eclectic textiles and trinkets Laura has collected from her travels.

I can't wait to see it all come together!
Have a design challenge you'd like help tackling? Check out my design services page or email me for a quote.

8 comments:

Allison Egan said...

beautiful! love those upholstery fabrics especially! cant wait to see the results!

xo Allison
Spicer + Bank
www.spicerandbank.blogspot.com

Erica M. said...

I love that rug! It's pretty much perfect for what I am looking for in my living room. Can you tell me where it is from?

Brittany {Gallery No. Eight} said...

Very pretty! I love the colour scheme! The amoebas may be a little crazy, but no one will notice them when the living room looks this good :)

Leslie said...

It looks like it's really coming together! I love your design board. :)

katie [the bright life] said...

I love this style!! The colors are perfect together...I think these will do a fine job of distracting from those strange amoebas. Nicely done, Marissa! Xo, Katie

Chic Coles said...

Job well done. We are so liking the upholstery and pillow fabric.

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Just beautiful. I love the fun gold puff with the casual rug. Super cute.

Ed Iwasaki said...

I've read that section, and the amoeba-like designs are nice! She has an excellent taste,and the choices of furniture and accessories are also tasteful. You can also try to add some sea shells or ornaments for display. That will help complete the cool seaside concept. I can't wait to see this project! Show us the outcome when it's done!

Ed Iwasaki