November 29, 2011

paris, part one: avenue carnot

Paris is one of those places that is so romanticized, you think it couldn't possibly live up to the hype. But it does. It is more beautiful and wonderful than any picture of it captures. 

We did a lot during our week there... but I'll spare you the travelogue and focus on my favorite parts, the architecture and interiors! First up, our rental apartment on Avenue Carnot, one of the cobblestone streets that emanates from the Arc de Triomphe roundabout. The apartment was quintessentially French: eclectic and stylish but not stiff.

 There were herringbone pattern wood floors and French doors, of course! There's a reason they're called French, every place we saw had them.

This was my favorite room in the house, I love the grey toile. Notice that it's exactly the same print on the blankets, curtains, and headboards? That kind of pattern repeating was common.


 This is the room we slept in. And THE VIEW:

TO DIE FOR. Amazing, right?! 


Photos from Haven in Paris vacation rentals.

3 comments:

Kirsten Krason said...

Oh my gosh I am dying. It sounds amazing!!! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Cove and Grey said...

Gorgeous! What a fabulous place to stay!

Leslie said...

That's a lovely place! I love all the details, and your view is amazing. Thanks for sharing. :)