November 30, 2011

paris, part two: design details

Ceilings of the Pantheon (L) and Les Invalides (R)
.Paris was pretty much the perfect storm for me: gorgeous architecture, interiors done to the last detail, luxe fabrics, beautiful gardens, history, gold, FRENCH! I expected to be totally enamored with all of it, but I was surprised at some of the things I liked more than I expected to.

 One of the surprises was the Louvre. It is the most beautiful, massive old building I've ever seen, and the Tuileries Gardens were beautiful even post-foliage. 



 The Louvre housed my favorite exhibit of any of the art museums we visited-- Napoleon's apartments. Dude knew how to decorate!


 
 Another beautiful surprise was the Opera Garnier, where "The Phantom of the Opera" is set (but it has never actually been performed there). It was even more ornate than Versailles, which is saying something!

And lastly, I was surprised at just how jaw-dropping the Eiffel Tower is--it is more beautiful than in pictures!

Ahhh, J'adore Paris. I can't wait to go back!

5 comments:

culturafemenina said...

wonderful pictures...i love the richness and details. A place that I would like visit.
iela

VictoriaArt said...

Just wonderful! I am so glad you enjoy this journey!
Paris is just, ohhhhh!!!

xoxo

Leslie said...

I love all the details! It looks like you had such a wonderful time.

Amy said...

Looks absolutely amazing! I'm so glad we get to see some of your pictures!!!

Anna Walker said...

Oh goodness! I LOVE Paris! :D
The Lourve was gorgeous, all the artwork, the marble statues and everything. I can't wait to go back there someday and make new memories.

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/