December 29, 2011

designer predictions for 2011... did they come true?

Early this year, Canadian House & Home asked some top designers what they thought would be hot for 2011. I love trend predictions. Here are a few of their (totally true) predictions:

“Brass is the new chrome!”
Tommy Smythe

“It’s no longer about creating a perfect room, but rather incorporating objects and building layers in a room.”
Arriz Hassam (3rd Uncle, Toronto)

Blush, oyster, and grey.
Genevieve Gorder

 Unpredictable patterns and finishes.
Anne Hepfer

I think these trend predictions were spot-on for 2011 (you can see the rest here).

What were your favorite trends of 2011?
What do you think will be big in 2012?

5 comments:

Kristen Ellis said...

Great post!! My fave is the brass trend!

www.kristenellisdesign.blogspot.com

Jae said...

I liked this post as well. It's funny, I don't *love* any one thing in the 2nd inspiration picture but am somehow drawn to it. I guess it's because of the layers!

And I love, love, love the wall and curtain color combo in the 3rd pic.

Lindsay said...

I love all of these - especially the brass!! If you find a trend prediction article or post for 2012 please share! :)

designchic said...

Love all of these trends and isn't a touch (or more) of gold wonderful?! Thrilled to find and follow your beautiful blog ~

Stair Chair Lift said...

Hey nice post i am so excited here with you wonderful post can you more share here i will back to you soon as soon possible.
Thanks for sharing with us..



Stair Chair Lift