December 13, 2011

stenciled wrapping paper

Royal Design Studio is one of my go-to places for clients who want a wallpaper look without the hassle. They sent me their Cane Basketweave stencil to try out. It is such a classic, preppy pattern. I love how it looks on the walls, but I can't paint my rental walls. So I thought it would be fun to try it out on some holiday wrapping paper.


I used gold heavy-body acrylic paint and a foam brush. The stencil is nice and thick, so there wasn't much seepage. Simple, but much snazzier than my usual brown craft paper wrapping. I love the pattern.

 Here are some of my other favorite RDS stencils:


Don't these look like high-end wallpaper? Stenciling is so much cheaper and customizable. And RDS has tons of different options, from totally traditional to modern. 

Cheap and awesome. Love that!

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Sounds like a great stencil! I love how your wrapping paper turned out. :)

Janna McCalley said...

The gold is so pretty!

Melissa @ Rooms said...

Fabulous idea, love it!

Kirsten Krason said...

Great idea! I wish I had time to stencil my own wrapping paper. You should sell this stuff. I would totally buy it!

Kae said...

brilliant! I'm still hoping to make my own wrapping paper for gifts this year.

Cristin {Simplified Bee} said...

Love cane patterns. These gifts are so chic!

xo,
cristin

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

That is fantastic. What a great idea. Be great to line the inside of glass cabinets, too.