January 19, 2012

balloon chairs

 Lonny via
The first time I saw a balloon chair was in a design by Kelly Wearstler. She loves to use crazy chairs, and these ones show up a lot in her commercial work. 

Kelly Wearstler via
It seems like Kelly is always two steps ahead, so her stuff sometimes takes some warming up to. But I usually come around.

Kelly Wearstler via
I've warmed up to these whimsical and avant garde chairs (a little bit anyway)... I'm thinking they’d be great to lay your head against and nap!

Kelly Wearstler via

Pssst! Don't forget to enter the Royal Design Studio stencil giveaway, it ends tonight!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I don't think they'd be right in our apartment, but I can see them working in certain spaces. They would create coziness in a large space! However, our apartment is already pretty intimate in size. :)

Nancy @ dream it ... build it...style it! said...

I wasn't sure about the terminology for these chairs but I've been seeing then everywhere and I have to say that I LOVE them!