January 10, 2012

english rose nursery design


 I know so many people welcoming babies soon, I thought it would be fun to put together a nursery design board. This "English Rose" nursery was inspired by the sweet illustrated map of the royal wedding processional route, which I'm kind of obsessed with! Minus the crib, this design could work for a lot of different rooms.

Crib: Restoration Hardware Baby & Child
Pendant: Oly Studio
Chevron Fabric: Lee Jofa
Rose Fabric: Magnolia Home Fashions
Rug: Madeline Weinrib
Print: House That Lars Built
Paint: Serena & Lily
Dresser: Hickory Chair
Bumper: Little Auggie
Have a design challenge you'd like help tackling? Check out my design services page or email me!

13 comments:

Room to Grow said...

Such a beautiful nursery! And I love that it could totally work for another space as well. Sophisticated, yet welcoming. Great job! I enjoy your blog! ps. did you got to UVa? Any chance we know each other? I graduated in 04'...

dehrst said...

could you fill me in more on the style name of the lee jofa fabric? i LOVE IT! :)

Marissa Waddell said...

The chevron print is called Fuji Moderne (Dove colorway) by Kelly Wearstler for Lee Jofa/ Groundworks. Perfect scale chevron stripes, right?

dehrst said...

Thanks marissa!! It's te perfect scale! I'm thinking a long lumbar for my bed! :)

dehrst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather Peterson said...

I love the inclusion of that floral--so unexpected with the other patterns in the room!

Heather
loveyourspace.blogspot.com

Kirsten Krason said...

Looks great! I love that you designed it around that royal wedding print :)

Leslie said...

What a lovely inspiration board! It would definitely make a sweet room.

P.S. I hope you'll enter my giveaway!

Debbie {Visual Eye Candy} said...

I love this nursery. It's very sophisticated and pretty.

Simple Dwellings said...

Great job! And I definitely agree that this design is so versatile and would work in other spaces. Great color combinations! :)

Arianna Belle {Organized Interiors} said...

Very pretty and elegant :)

designchic said...

It's beautiful...love that it would grow with the child!!

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous inspirational board! I can't wait to see it finished! Enjoy the beautiful day, Kellie xx