February 7, 2012

quirky traditional library design

My client Nicole has a simple formula for her design style: traditional furniture, modern art, quirky accessories, and great lamps. She asked for my help updating her living room/library/family hang-out space, and this is what we came up with:
I'm especially excited about the green linen curtains and the pretty tangerine fabric for the chairs. Nicole already has some great quirky, sculptural pieces and awesome DIY arched bookshelves inspired by these from Little Green Notebook. I can't wait to see it all come together!


Have a design challenge you'd like help tackling? Check out my design services page or email me!

6 comments:

Chic Coles said...

The green linen curtains are fantastic with the black and gold accents in the room. What a great design board.

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Oh, that's one of my favorite chandeliers right now!!!!!! Just beautiful.

Lindsay said...

I love those bird prints - might have to steal that look ;)

Leslie said...

Love those curtains with that sofa!

Annie @ House on Rene said...

UM YES!! I have been crushing on green drapes. I love that this client is hip enough to use them!

Cate Tuten said...

Love the room ideas!!! Would you tell me where the artwork, especially the pink Flamingo came from???? Thanks so much!
Blessings, Cate