February 20, 2012

styling for lots of books

 
Design by Blaire Clarke & Photography by Patrick Cline | Lonny Magazine Sep/Oct 2011
I love  bookshelves styled with pretty objects and a maybe book here or there. But what if you need storage for lots of books?

Design by Mark Sikes & Photography by Heather Clawson | Habitually Chic
My husband has a huge book collection (I think it's fair to call it a library). We have two big Expedit bookshelves in our office that are stuffed to the brim and we still have books in storage!

Hus & Hem via
I'm looking into a much bigger shelving system so we can spread out the book collection and add a few objects and art. I've been taking inspiration from photos of shelves that are styled to offer serious book storage in a visually appealing way.




6 comments:

Leslie said...

That is a lot of books! I recently was able to part with some of mine when I got a Kindle. I really think I'm a bit of a book hoarder sometimes, but you never know when you will want the book!

Annie @ House on Rene said...

Thanks for posting these images! We have a lot of books as well and I am always looking for a way to make it functional and pretty!

Canal Notes said...

Love these images - something about having books around that makes a room seem so real and cozy. We try to be selective about the books we keep, and we've been using Kindle & iPad for a year or so, but there are still all the design books and coffee table books, and beautifully bound classics. All great for decorating with! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with as a system. We've got two nice bookcases with our nicest books, and the rest are in storage!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I honestly cannot get enough of books. They are such a charming and personal addition to any home.

Stephanie said...

I love books and I have a ton! Some day when I finally buy a house, I plan on having an office/library with wall to wall book shelves... oh I can't wait!

lifescreativejourney.blogspot.com

Megan said...

Great post! I especially love the last photo with the tiny colored vases and brass candle sticks!