March 6, 2012

charlottesville design house 2011

Heidi Brooks Interior Design | Steele, Sterling, and Crandall Interiors
Design houses are fascinating to me. Each designer's room has a totally different style and design approach, and it's cool to compare them. And since they're not usually designed for actual clients, the designer can really express their style.

Last year, I did a little volunteering at the Charlottesville Design House. I thought I'd share a couple little photos of my favorites from their website. I can't wait to tour the 2012 design house this May!


Heidi Brooks Interior Design | Steele, Sterling, and Crandall Interiors
 This back stairway was my favorite part of the whole house. I love the hand-painted wallpaper, the rope handrail, the dark wood, and the beautiful window. There's also a pretty chandelier you can't see in this photo.


Victoria Pouncey Design


Holly Joseph Design


Gibson Design Group, Inc.


  
Interiors by Moyanne


More photos and information here.
Photos by Robert Radifera.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

How beautiful! Charlottesville is such a lovely place; I adore the home all decorated. :)

Kristy @ I Design Love said...

What a beautiful home! I love those drapes in the living room.

Xo

Kristy
www.idesignlove.com

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Wow! So many things to love here..... that high gloss black front door, the star pendant, those striped drapes..... gorgeous!

designchic said...

I am completely smitten with the staircase...the handpainting is fabulous!!

SHERRY HART said...

Gorgeous!!! I love a good show house :)