June 26, 2012

19 things to put in a bell jar

I bought a glass cloche last year, thinking it was a versatile purchase I'd use for years to come. I have used it ZERO times. (It's still in the box.) So this post is mainly so I can figure out what to do with it. This shouldn't be too hard-- you can put almost anything under a bell jar and it instantly looks special.


















 
 (+ a Gypsy Village)

















This reminds me of the opening shot for Home Front, a 90s HGTV British decorating show that was my absolute favorite. Anyone else remember that?


P.S. Stop by Satori Design for Living, where I'm sharing some tips on how to style bed pillows!

9 comments:

Inspire Me Heather said...

Great ideas! I liked the beachy ones, thanks for posting!

Leslie said...

What a great post! I love the Christmas ornaments and the shells the best. :)

Shauna@Satori Design for Living said...

Love the inspiration photos. I did a post on decorating with cloches during the holidays if you're looking for some more ideas.
http://satoridesignforliving.com/2011/11/using-cloches-in-holiday-decorating/

I finally found a purpose for a glass canister I had bought last fall that I pulled of the box a few weeks ago!
Thanks for guest posting.

Carolyn said...

I bought one a few weeks ago SPECIFICALLY to recreate that gorgeous photo of the high heels under the bell jar. So now, it is sitting on a side table in my bedroom with a cute pair of heels under it - the table isn't styled well yet, and its not the best pair of heels, but I wanted to at least start trying something!! I think a hot new pair of shoes to match my decorating color scheme is in my future! And I love the Christmas ornament idea!

Annie @ House on Rene said...

I am not big on bell jars but this post might change my mind! LOL. I like the idea of putting things in there to highlight the seasons.

Annie
House on Rene

Annie @ House on Rene said...

I am not big on bell jars but this post might change my mind! LOL. I like the idea of putting things in there to highlight the seasons.

Annie
House on Rene

Powder Blue said...

Love domes & bell jars... I thought you may like to see what I do with mine!!! I sell them in my store too.

http://powder-blue-birdie.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/GLASS%20DOMES

Debbie
X

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Wow! You really found some great ideas. I especially love the coral and seashells, the shoes and those darling teacups!

Home Furnishing Company said...

How much cheap it will be. Is this will cheap from Home Furnishing Company Area Rugs & Bath Mats Online STore New York, USA. Ho much cost of a Hand Made Area Rugs.