July 2, 2012

keeping my focus

I'm excited to move for many reasons, not the least of which is having a new place to decorate! I love so many different styles, I could easily have the most spastic house ever. I've started making design boards for our place and found myself going off in a different direction with each room. Some people don't mind that, but I prefer that all the rooms look like they belong in the same house. 

So to keep my sense of direction, I keep this picture out when I'm working on the designs. (I do something similar when I'm doing client design boards.) I wish we lived in a house like this, but we'll be apartment dwellers for a while yet. But the picture keeps me in line.

I'm planning to post updates every week about what I'm up to in designing "Our Post-grad Place." Today, my husband and I are driving around Raleigh trying to figure out exactly where that place will be!

5 comments:

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

WOW! I could definitely keep focus on that gorgeous home!!! So beautiful.

Annie @ House on Rene said...

That is a great inspiration picture! Wish I had a home like that too!

Jess Koehn said...

beautiful - i want to live there too!

michellecliment said...

been looking for ottomans on an x base like the ones in your bedroom.... please please post where you purchased them... thanks m

Marissa Waddell said...

Michele- the stools are from Sears, but they're no longer available. Safavieh makes a great X stool-- it's called "Palmer."