July 30, 2012

update a sofa on the cheap

Do you own your dream sofa? Yeah, me neither.


 This is my lovely microsuede sectional. Every rug, pillow, coffee table, and any other conceivable decorative accent seems to clash with it-- it's not my style at all. On the bright side, it's very comfortable and the microsuede is so easy to clean... but it's still the bane of my decorating existence. And it isn't going anywhere for a while.


I came across a roll of leftover nailhead trim (from when I made my headboard) and the idea struck-- add it to the sofa!


I pretty much eyeballed it when I actually nailed the trim in. But I used clear pushpins to get an idea of how it would look, they're easier to put in temporarily than the nailheads are. Nobody's hiring me to be an upholsterer any time soon, but it was an easy little update.


Much better!

- - -

Keep up with my progress decorating my new apartment with posts labelled Our Post-grad Place!


4 comments:

Fletcher- High Cotton Style said...

Looks great! Such an easy improvement!

Ameya Home Rugs USA said...

Create the perfect kid's room with beautiful kids' room rugs and kids' area rugs from Ameya Home the largest area rugs online store in usa having a huge collection of all types of area rugs for kids. Most Options Available kids 5x8 Area Rugs, kids 6 X Area Rugs, kids 8 X Area Rugs, kids 9 X Area Rugs, kids 9x12 Area Rugs, kids X 10 Area Rugs, kids X 12 Area Rugs, kids Round Area Rugs, kids Large Area Rugs, kids color area rugs at low price. Also available Accent Rugs at cheap rate at your trusted rugs Whole saler USA.

Ameya Home Rugs USA said...

Create the perfect kid's room with beautiful kids' room rugs and kids' area rugs from Ameya Home the largest area rugs online store in usa having a huge collection of all types of area rugs for kids. Most Options Available kids 5x8 Area Rugs, kids 6 X Area Rugs, kids 8 X Area Rugs, kids 9 X Area Rugs, kids 9x12 Area Rugs, kids X 10 Area Rugs, kids X 12 Area Rugs, kids Round Area Rugs, kids Large Area Rugs, kids color area rugs at low price. Also available Accent Rugs at cheap rate at your trusted rugs Whole saler USA.

Home Furnishing Company said...

Thanks for sharing your this info. It’s really appreciated. I bookmark this page and back to you very soon. What about you! :- Home Furnishing Company is allowing all of you to giveaway any handmade rugs/mat Home item valued up to $200 which includes doormats, kitchen rugs, bath mats, and Area Rugs padding. Meaning you can pick the pretty welcome mat what you chose OR you can pick something else that you would like!