August 20, 2012

Leopards and tigers and birds


I read somewhere once that the fastest way to make a new place feel like home is to put stuff on the walls. It's true! This weekend I went on a hanging-stuff spree and our place is looking so much better.

I had no intention of making this a jungle room, but so far I have tiger print, leopard print, feathers and birds on the walls and pillows. Ha ha!


 Before: so bare.


Amazing the difference a couple IKEA frames, free bird prints, and $17 curtain panels can make! Yes, 120" curtain panels for only $17. They're so great I'm putting them in my living room, too.


 The headboard was looking out of proportion with the height of the nightstands.


So I put these feather things (recycled from my mom's house, like half my stuff!) on either side and added a couple picture frames to fill the negative space. 


It's nice that one room in our place looks done-ish.
It still needs a more color. And some lamps. Maybe more art.
Like I said, done-ish.

5 comments:

Living Quarters on a Dime said...

Great job on the bedroom! The room does look more cozy and lived in.

I love the title of the post, reminds me of Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Ohh, My! : )

Kirsten Krason said...

Looks great Riss! I love your headboard and pillows. Someday we'll have to come out and see it in person :)

Courtney {a thoughtful place} said...

Looks so good. Those curtains are so cute. And awesome solution with the feathers to fill the space.

JoAnna of re-U creating new spaces said...

Very nice. It's amazing how the feathery things help so much with the proportions!

lyn lee said...

The rooms feels so cozy and inviting. The animal prints surely did the trick. I would love to sleep in this room all day long.
mandurah property