October 11, 2012

biltmore estate

This weekend, my parents are coming to visit and we're taking a short trip out to Asheville, NC to see the fall leaves on the Blue Ridge Parkway (possibly my favorite thing in all the world) and tour the beautiful Biltmore Estate.


May I draw your attention to the hanging lanterns? The suzani on the settee? The incredible ceiling details? The mere fact that they had an indoor "winter garden" room?


It's probably strange that, of all the beautiful things in this incredible house, the indoor swimming pool is one of my favorites. I love the tile, brass, wood, and rope.

The Biltmore is about as close to a castle as you'll get in America, and I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Have a lovely weekend!

1 comment:

Jeannine @ Small and Chic said...

I visited when I was a child and the pool always stuck with me. That and the hidden door in the smoking room. :)