November 20, 2012

favorite (decorating) things


I watched Oprah's "Favorite Things 2012" special this weekend. I never get tired of watching her surprise people--the reactions are priceless. Nothing on her list really spoke to me, but it did inspire me to create a little list of my own favorite (decorating) things. I totally love each of these things and would recommend them 100%!



$34.99 Lyrical Branches Curtains from World Market
These curtains are perfect with so many things because of the organic, curvy lines of the vines. If they ever make these panels in longer than 84", I will snap up them up.

Meri Drum Chandelier by Oly Studio
I love they whimsy of this chandelier. It's high style but not too serious.

$200 O Holy Night Canvas by Lindsay Letters
I mentioned this canvas in a post about favorite Christmas decorations last year. Still adore it.

$50+ Mary Freer Portrait from Art.com
The only thing stopping me from owning this portrait now is deciding what size and where I'm going to put it.

$599 Harlow Vanity Desk from Crate & Barrel
I can't get this desk out of my head--it looks like wood with black finish, but it's actually wrapped brass. Love love love.

$75+ Flame Velvet Pillow Cover from Ariana Belle
Flame was the Pantone color of the year, and it definitely sucked me in. The color of this soft velvet is perfectly red/orange.

$20 March Fox Print from Amber Alexander
I love the scale of the perfect little fox in this landscape, and the colors are so perfect.

$9.99 Rugby Stripe Bins from The Container Store
I never met a black-and-white stripe I didn't like, and this one is so perfect for chic and functional kids storage.

$699 Clairemont Coffee Table from Crate & Barrel
I wish this coffee table weren't all wrong for my living room-- I have half a mind to scrap it all and start over based solely upon this table. It's perfectly classic and current.

This rug is perfection. Who needs a Weinrib when IKEA is so dead on?

---

Do you have a favorite something? I'd love to hear about it, please share!

2 comments:

Annie @ House on Rene said...

We have a lot of the same favorites! I just love the Holy Night print too. Wish I could afford a large version of it!

Kirsten Krason said...

Very cool post. I love that drum chandelier too. Why oh why does Oly have to be so expensive!